Artwork offered for donation to the VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation Art Collection will be considered based on the following guidelines:
- Artwork must be original or a limited edition/numbered print;
- Artwork is of professional quality that maintains the integrity of the Collection;
- Contents, images and colour must be appropriate for a healing environment. Artwork that may evoke negative reactions or contain controversial, political or religious imagery will not be considered;
- Artwork representing cultural and ethnic diversity is welcome;
- Artwork should be in an acceptable physical condition;
- Materials and finishes must be safe for the healthcare environment, allowing for ease of maintenance and conservation.
All potential donations are considered on an individual basis in terms of their suitability for the hospital environment as well as in the wider context of the overall collection.